Monday 16 April 2012

Choosing Artworks

When choosing what artworks I will display in the castle it is important that I choose paintings and sculptures that do not compete with the texture of the castle, but instead bring the castle alive.

 A trip to Aberdeen Art Gallery gave me inspiration and helped me decide the kind of art I want to display. Some of the artists that I thought would work well in the castle were Joan Eardley, who has done a lot of paintings of Glasgow street children and Catterline. I thought the colours and the bold textures in her work would work well with the castle walls. Another artist that I found interesting was Ken Currie. I liked the way the he captrued the horror in his paintings, they are quite disturbing to look at. I thought his paintings would work particuarly well in the dungeons of castles.

No comments:

Post a Comment